About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Anne Klein Vogue Pattern

Pattern Description:
This is a semi-fitted blouse with great details. The back of the pattern envelope describes the pattern as this: Semi-fitted, lined blouse has back neck band, pleated flounce, front band with snap closing and very narrow hem. Contrast flounce and bias strip for side front/side back seams/sleeve hems. Semi-fitted, straight-legged pants have contour waistband and fly zipper closing. Bias binding finishes waistband. I would also add that the snaps are covered with the main fabric.
Here is a link to the pattern envelope:
Anne Klein Blouse
Pattern Sizing:
This is a multi-sized pattern. I cut a straight size 16, which is a size smaller than I used to wear but now currently wear thanks to healthy eating patterns and regular exercise. I think it fit perfectly and is true to size.   For those of you that are new to sewing or don't sew, you have to select patterns based on your measurements, not your ready-to-wear size.  A sewing pattern size 16 rougly translates into a size 10 ready-to-wear.  Don't be alarmed when you purchase that first pattern, that is just the way it is.  :) 






Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I believe it does.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, the instructions are very easy to follow, yet since it is rated average by Vogue, there are a few minor details left out such as finishing off edges and such. However, if you are going to tackle a pattern such as this, you should know how to do a few of those things! If not, opt for the Very Easy Vogue or Easy Vogue until you get those issues figured out.
I did think the flounce was a little tricky to tackle, but once I just stopped stressing about it and just sewed it, it turned out great!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
My favorite part of the pattern is the details!!! I love all of these and there was a great deal of hand sewing, which I also enjoy a lot. You can see here that the inside is finished just as nicely as the outside! <

Fabric Used:
I used a 100% silk I purchased from Fabric Mart. It is just heavenly! I used an off-white lining for the inside I purchased in bulk from Fabric Mart.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn’t make any design changes as it is so beautiful the way it is. I love the flounce, the sleeves are finished off with a bias band and the front and back seams are finished with an exposed bias band. I used a simple rolled hem on the flounce.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I just love this blouse and may make it again, although it is pretty distinct. Maybe if I can figure out how to alter the the neck band or flounce I may tackle it again.

Conclusion:
This was a fun project with a wonderful fabric. I love the result and can’t wait to wear it! Don’t be afraid to tackle this one and an even better idea would be to make this in a muslin first to work out the flounce.
Thanks for reading!
Sue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment