About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Simplicity Amazing Fit Dress

Pattern Description:
This pattern is a Simplicity misses dress with individual pattern pieces for slim, average, and curvy fit and for A, B, C, D cup sizes. It is a basic sheath dress, with or without sleeves and a v-neck or curved neckline. You have quite a few choices with this pattern! It is an amazing fit pattern–more on that later!


Pattern Sizing:
This is a multi-sized pattern. I made a size 16 and with the options to use various sized pattern pieces, cup sizes, there is no reason to not get an amazing fit! I used the curvy skirt pieces and the C-cup. I think it very slightly gaps at the armhole, but not enough to redo the entire thing–although I am open to suggestions!

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does, check it out!


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Easy, well-written directions. A beginner would be able to tackle the pattern without too many issues. The only problem I would potentially forsee for a beginner is figuring out which pieces you will need. :)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
No dislikes at all! I know it has been reviewed eight ways to Sunday, but honestly, I had not realloy noticed the pattern until I saw there was a contest for previous patterns of the year. The envelope photo does not do it justice.

Fabric Used:
I used a 100% cotton eyelet-type fabric I spotted at Joanns. There are not really any eyelets, but it is a lucious cotton with some pretty heavy embrodery on it. No, your eyes are not fooling you, I added swaroski (spelling?) crystals to the floral centers of the bodice top only. I felt the dress needed a little bling, and this satisified my need for it!



b>Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made only a few minor adjustments. First of all, I put an invisible side zipper instead of the center back lapped one. I like it better!
Since the dress is white, I put in a full lining of another 100% cotton I had purchased to make a blouse. The blouse will have to wait and I did not want a potentially stick-to-the-body polyester lining. Nor did I want to wear a slip. The lining solved the problem as I am wearing blue undies and you cannot tell! Yahoo!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I highly recommed the dress to others. Most likely it will be a tried-and-true pattern for me! I am now convinced that this pattern is truly a best of pattern.



Conclusion: Nice dress, fits well. Easy to put together and has many options for fabric usage, possibility of long sleeves, etc. Purchase this pattern and make this dress!
Thanks for reading!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment