About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kwik Sew Tunic Repeat! 3463

So here is round two of one of my favorite tunics!  I just love this under reviewed pattern.  It is so very simple, fits great, goes together well, what more could you want?

Just as a reminder, here is the pattern envelope. 


For this version, I obviously made the view with short sleeves and the lower neckline. 
Since this was round two, I won't bore you with too many details. 

I used a sheer knit from Marcy Tilton.

I love this fabric! 
I wore a black cami underneath the tunic.  It was easy to sew and I did use pins as the cut edge tended to roll. 

 
From the back of the website: McCall Pattern Company:
These tunics are designed for lightweight stretch knits only with 20% stretch across the grain. We suggest single knit, jersey, and interlock fabrics.

These leggings are designed for two-way stretch fabrics with 75% stretch across the grain. We suggest cotton Lycra®, rayon Lycra®, nylon Lycra®, and swimwear fabrics.

Tunic view A has full-length sleeves and a round neckline with self-fabric neckband. Tunic view B has short sleeves with cuffs and a scoop neckline with self-fabric neckband. Tunics are shown with purchased belts. Leggings, without side seams, have an elastic waist. View A are scrunched at the ankle, View B are ankle length, and View C are below-knee length.
And, here are the line drawings. 
Line Art

Here is what I changed from the original pattern:
1.  I cut the neckband on the bias.  Believe it or not, I didn't have a piece of fabric large enough to cut on the cross grain, so I improvised.  It worked. 
2.  For heaven sakes, don't set in the sleeves.  Sew them on after you stitch the shoulder seam.  I attached the cuffs prior to attaching the sleeves.  After stitching the sleeves on, I serged from the cuff to hem and then folded the cuff in place and stitched in the ditch to secure it. 
3.  For fabric this sheer, it was a must to use steam-a-seam lite to baste the hemline in place. 
This entire process took about one hour to create from cutting out to stitching the hems.  Use a fun fabric and you won't be disappointed!  I opted to lengthen the top to the large setting and used a medium through the hips and waist and a large in the chest. 

Very comfortable top!  Try it!

Sue
 
    
      
   
           
  
 
 
 

 

 
     



No comments:

Post a Comment