About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, May 13, 2013

Vogue 8792 The super easy Tunic/Tee

Hello summer!  We finally have summer-like weather in the northern plains and wow does it feel great!  What a welcome pattern this will be! 

Here's the description:
Misses' top: pullover top has neck band and seam detail.  A, B, C: Bias, loose-fitting, front extends to upper back, back extends to upper front, no shoulder or side seams and stitched hem.  D, E, F: Close-fitting, bias lower front and lower back, raw edge finish and stitched hem on sleeves.  Front and back cut on crosswise grain of fabric. 

V8792

  Cute, huh? 
Sizing is A5 or 8 to 14 or E5 14 to 22
I made a size 14 and view B.

This pattern is sized for moderate stretch knits only so make sure you test your fabric on the gauge shown on the back. 

There are only eleven steps to this top, so it whips up quick with great results.  Written and visual instructions are great.  I think my top looks a lot like the envelope.   

I used a knit I purchased from Marcy Tilton.  It is rather light and somewhat sheer, so I wore a white tank underneath. 




Likes/Dislikes:
I really like the length of this tunic.  It would be just about perfect if you wore leggings with it. 
On thing I will change for next time is to widen the sleeve opening.  It is slightly snug and I by no means have big arms!  There isn't really a way that I can figure out how to check that measurement based on the pattern pieces.  Once you lay it out, you will see what I am talking about. 
I am really on the fence about views D to F.  I just hate darts in T's.  If I have a busy fabric, I may try it, but with a solid?  Not sure I will even consider it. 

Make this super easy pattern a part of your wardrobe.  You'll love it!

Thanks for reading!
Sue
 

No comments:

Post a Comment