About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pattern Description:
This is a jumpsuit and booties for a little one.  Jumpsuits have raglan sleeves, front snap closure, and neckbands, sleeve cuffs, and leg cuffs with ribbing.  View A has full-length sleeves, zipper at inside leg and optional applique.  View B has short sleeves, snap tape at inside leg, and pockets with rick rack and optional applique.  Booties have ribbed cuffs and applique. 








Pattern Sizing:
One really nice thing about quick sew patterns is that all sizes are included in one envelope.  Small or 0 to 3 months to XL or 12 to 18 months.  I made a medium for 3 to 6 months. 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, my finished garment looks like the line drawing, except my fabric is cuter!







Were the instructions easy to follow?
Instructions were so easy!  I glanced at them and put them away.  Wording and visuals are usually excellent with Kwik Sew. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Likes:
Zipper opening at the legs for quick access to diaper needs
Raglan sleeves and the shaped ribbing for the neckband
Ample tummy room
Dislikes:
Nothing! 

Fabric Used:
I used a rather cheap but adorable cotton ITY from Joanns.  I just couldn't help purchasing it with this pattern in mind.  It just sort of jumped out from the shelf and into my cart! 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
It has been so many years since I have sewn for infants that I couldn't find my snap gun anymore so I converted the snaps down the placket to small buttons.  Yes, I know buttons are a possible choking hazard, but I sewed them on well and put fray check (aka superglue) on them. 
I plan on purchasing a good quality snap gun/pliers.  Any suggestions?  I seem to remember having a Dritz brand before and was disappointed in its performance. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Oh yes, I will make quite a few of these.  Super fast and easy.  I highly recommend this pattern to others. 

Conclusion:
I can't wait to snuggle with my little grandson while he wears this colorful outfit!  I must try the dinosaur applique and booties next.  They are too cute!

Thanks for reading!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment