About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Friday, October 11, 2013

Jalie 2919 Cardigan

I love this cardigan, I always have and now I finally own one!  Here is my review of Jalie 2919. Jalie 2919 - Pattern Cover

Description:
Women's long-sleeved drapey cardigan (A) or vest (B) with shawl collar and figure-flattering pleated detailing from the shoulder seam to the waist.  

Pattern Sizing:
Jalie is awesome with 27 sizes all in one envelope.  Toddler to plus sizes.  

Fabric used:
I LOVE this fabric I purchased from Marcy Tilton.  It is an orangy-red with gray stripes.  It is the perfect mid-weight knit with great stretch and recovery.  I highly recommend this fabric!  I really want to try it in a mesh type fabric just to see the difference in how it fits and lays.  


Directions:
As usual with Jalie, the visual directions are all you need in order to create a great cardigan.  No head scratching moments.  The only thing to remember is that with Jalie patterns you use 1/4" seams.
I love how the front drape is attached.  It looks professional and the width of it is perfect.  It snugs up to your neck in the back, perfect for fall!

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes:
I love the style, the length of it, the drape and the pleats on the front.  
This cardigan also has some waist-line shaping instead of being long and boxy.  Definitely a plus for me.  
Dislikes:
The sleeves are exceptionally long.  I shortened them by 2.5 inches and feel they are perfect.  The models' sleeves are also really long so I wasn't too surprised I needed to shorten them.   

Modifications:
My usual 1/2" sway back adjustment.  
None really, although in hindsight, I should have stabilized the shoulder seam with clear elastic.  I should go back and do that before I forget or wear it ten times! 
I double stitched the hemlines and top stitched the front seam where the drape attaches to the front and neck.   

Recommendations:
I so love this pattern!  Ever since I saw another PR reviewer make it in a stripe, I knew I needed to do the same thing!  I so love it!  It would be great with leggings and the length is really awesome.  I am 5'7" and found it perfect, so if you are shorter, you may want to measure or adjust the length of the sleeves and hem.  

Conclusion:
Another winner from Jalie.  I just can't seem to get enough of Jalie lately.  Such wonder patterns that are exceptionally well drafted and come together beautifully.  Had I not been watching Grey's Anatomy and Scandal, I could have completed this in two or so hours from cutting out to clipping the last thread!  I can't wait to try the vest, it is super cute as well!  

Thanks so much for reading!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment