About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, December 9, 2013

McCall's 6408

I've made this cute little knit jacket a few times now but have never taken the time to review it! 
Here is my review for McCall's 6408. 












Here is the limited description from the back of the envelope:
Very loose fitting jackets have stitched or serged seam and hem
options.
SUGGESTED FABRICS: For Moderate Stretch Knits: Jersey, Cotton Knits.



M6408I made view D. 
I used a lace knit fabric I purchased from Fabric Mart.  This was one of their crazy priced fabrics and cost just a few dollars a yard.  This is truly one of the least inexpensive garments I have made in quite a while! 

Yes, my finished garment resembles the envelope. 




Directions are simple to use, although wordy with all the tips included.  I stabilized the shoulder seams with 1/4" elastic. 

I used my cover stitch machine to hem the sleeves and lower hem.  I haven't had it long and it is fun and fast to use! 

The only modification I made was to add 8" of clear elastic to the back waistline in order to rein it in a bit.  I guess I shouldn't say only, I made my usual 1/2" sway back adjustment as well.

All in all, this is a super easy, instant gratification project.   I'd like to make view C at some point.  I am not thrilled with the belted view. 

Try this pattern if you want a fast, easy, and fun project that lends itself to a variety of fabrics.

thanks for reading!
Sue 

1 comment: