About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bra #2. Another Pin-up girls pattern

So here is bra 2.  I wanted a bra with lining and under wire support.  Since I enjoyed creating the first bra from pin-up girls, I decided to give the company another try.  This time I order the pattern for the Alyssa lace and foam bra.  This one seemed to resemble the type of bra I would purchase from VS with the foam cups, under wire, full-coverage the the prettiness factor I was looking for.

Here is my review.

So, no description again but here is mine: foam cup bra with lace cover has under wire support, fuller coverage and wider straps.

The ALYSSA Lace over Foam cup bra PATTERN  by Pin Up Girls
This bra allows for typical foam bra cups or push up bra cups.  I have enough natural cleavage so I purchased and used the natural or typical bra cups.    

Construction was easy, especially since I had already made a bra. The illustrations are more than adequate to make a bra.
I slightly veered from the instructions except to use a stretch lace fabric rather than a 6 or 8 inch wide lace to cover the cups.  I purchased a small kit from bramakers.com to make this bra and I had lace to complete the inside of the straps, or those closest to the neckline, so I went ahead and added that trim.  I think it finished off the top edge of the bra nicely and adds another dimension of pretty.  I only wish I had ordered the same color foam cups and the stretch fabric so everything matches. 


Likes/dislikes:
Even though I measured carefully, I found this bra and the cups to be too large.  I'm going to think over what I can do to fix it rather than scrap the whole thing.  For me, it was really tough to make changes to the fit of the bra prior to construction.  If you've made one, you'll know what I mean.

Modifications/Alterations:
None prior to construction, however I am going to have to figure out what to do to make this fit better.

Conclusion:
I am glad I tried this pattern as it has more support that the classic bra pattern which is a must for me.  I am going to work on perfecting the fit so I can achieve a comfortable yet stylish bra!

Thanks for reading!
Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment