About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Friday, August 8, 2014

2 days, 2 Archers, 2 times the love!

Yep, I had some time to sew and made not one but two Archers.  How much do I love this pattern?  Tons!  It is well drafted, goes together well, is easy to alter, easy to embellish, and is easy to show some creativity!  

I am not sure what I can add to my last review of this great pattern but I will try!  I used two new fabric stash additions.  The tangerine print is from Marcy Tilton.  This top cost a little more than I would typically spend on making a simple blouse such as this but I so love this fabric!  Sale price was $14 a yard.  It's one of my all time favorite colors and doesn't it just scream spring, summer, and fall?  I think so!  It also handled beautifully so it wasn't all that much of a splurge.  This time I made the view without the adorable peplum--like you couldn't tell that yourself!


 Top two is a chambray from Robert Kaufman I purchased from Fabrics.com.  It was less than four dollars a yard so the top cost less than $10 to make!  It was very nice to work with as well and pressed so beautifully!  Next time, I will have to order a much darker chambray.




Buttons were from Fabric Sewing Supply where I also purchased the interfacing I used.  In case you are wondering, I used the medium weight, couture fusible webbing.  I just love this stuff!  This is literally the best interfacing ever made!



I put trim along the collar stand and I simply used scrap pieces of bias tape that I embroidered on using a built in stitch on my Bernina.  This is such a fun process for me, looking at the fabric, picking out a trim color, picking an embroidery stitch and thread color as well.  I simply stitched right down the middle of the trim and then applied it to the center of the collar stand.  I love how it looks.  It doesn't make putting the collar any more difficult to put together at all.  



The other things I changed up from the pattern were to attach the collar and stand prior to setting in the sleeves.  I stitched up the super easy binding on the sleeve vent, sewed the sleeve seam, put on the cuff, and then sewed the blouses' side seam.  Setting in the sleeve was also super easy as it goes in without any issues.

My usual pattern alteration is to make a 1/2" swayback adjustment which I did this time too.






Other than those few things that I added or did differently, this top is a snap to put together.  I just love both versions!  I will be making more of these!









Thanks for reading!
Sue

6 comments:

  1. Another two great shirts Sue, I like this pattern more now that I have seen your interpretations and love all the details you are adding especially the collar stand trim. The Marcy Tilton fabric is special too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julia! I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Great idea with the collar trim ~ thanks for sharing this tip! Both shirts look fabulous ... J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both shirts are beautiful [love the embroidery work on the trim..such a cute idea]. You have been a busy girl.. lots of fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Judy! I do appreciate them!

      Delete