About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Saturday Stash Buster in Progress

Simon will be one next week (I can't believe it) and he is getting a playhouse from Grandma.  I can be a procrastinator, I mean I've know his birthday is late August for an entire year and I start on his playhouse a week prior to the big day.  What's wrong with this?  Well, I start back full-time this week and have to work five full days in a row (UGH!).  It will take some getting used to, I love having a few weeks in the summer free but back to work is an adjustment, mostly since it cuts into my sewing time.

I purchased this pattern from Empty Bobbin as soon as I found out DD2 was expecting.  Isn't it cute?  I mean, it has so many possibilities and with all the versions on pinterest, I would say people are letting their creativity roll!  




I wonder if it is possible I only ordered the instructions as I can't find the pattern pieces anywhere.  Hmmm...with the clock ticking and my sewing room at an all time disaster level mess wise, I just went for it.  As you can see, I have two walls complete and the third has been started.  Of course I made some modifications, why not?  



For some reason, I can't get the pictures turned 90 degrees so turning your head to the side will be a must!

I embroidered a dog, kitten, and ball on one side and the third wall I am currently constructing is expected to have a monarch butterfly, bees buzzing above the flowers and maybe ...... it all depends on how much time it takes to get this wall done.  The front door shouldn't take too long, but I do want to have some fun with the 'mail'.  I have photo cloth that I will use to write him some letters on my computer, complete with some stamp clip art.  I am just giddy with excitement at creating a toy that he will hopefully enjoy for hours and hours!  I know my own four children were almost always making a fort with lots of blankets, pillows, and such.  Luckily I was pretty patient when it came to that sort of play.  

More to come, but let's hope I finish in time for the big party!

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment