About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Julia Cardigan from Mouse House Creations

With no buttons or zippers, this cardigan features an open front with a drapey, rounded collar and 3 sleeve lengths: long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and the super cute extended cap sleeve. Recommended fabrics are jersey knit, sweater knit, lycra, interlock, but the stretchier the better!




How cute is this?  This was part of the perfect pattern parcel.  Never heard of it?  Oh, you must check it out!  This is a way to promote indy patterns and a charity cause.  You can sign up to receive notices here!


I made this pattern first.  And, isn't it adorable?  I love the shape of the cardi and I see so many uses for this pattern.  As a bonus, it uses a modest amount of fabric, sews up quickly and is easy enough for a beginner.  Plus there is versatility with the sleeve length and the differences fabrics will make in the overall feel and design.


I used this funky knit fabric from Fabric Mart.  It sewed up beautifully but I wondered if it would need any special treatment and it didn't.  That was a bonus!  I had just about two yards and was able to squeeze the entire thing about with just a bit to spare.  What I really love is that the sleeves are plenty long enough for my 5'7" frame and the length is plenty long to cover my booty.  The stripes do run lengthwise on the body unlike many stripes that run around the body.

DD1 says that it is 'loud' but I like it!  Luckily I had a perfect t-shirt that matched so bonus!


I love my cardigan and wore it with black skinny jeans and boots and received MANY compliments on it at work!  Isn't it fun to make your own unique clothing?  I can't imagine a better hobby!


Thanks for reading!
Sue :)

6 comments:

  1. This fabric is absolutely gorgeous and your cardigan is just lovely. This is the nicest version of this pattern that I have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Margy, that is quite the compliment! I do appreciate that!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty & looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly! I do like this look a lot and plan on a few more!

      Delete