About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, February 1, 2015

January wrap up! February plans?

Where on earth did the month of January go?  I always love it when winter is one step closer to being history but holy cow, this month flew!  I always sort of laughed when I heard people that were empty nesters (like me) said that time flew quicker and quicker and wondered what they talked about! Now, I know!

Here is my January recap and plans for February
I made a second Hollyburn skirt and may make a third in February!  I so love the pockets, the shape and the ease of sewing this cute skirt!
I revisited a few old fav patterns including McCall's 6747 or a Henley top/dress.  Wow, do I love this pattern!  It's so easy to put together and so stylish but classic at the same time!  Know what I mean? What drew me to pick up this pattern again was the fabric I choose which was a graphic knit, while it is not bright, floral, or trendy, to me graphic knits in grey with black ink are super cool (to me at least) and classic!   If you've never made a placket before, this is a great pattern to try it out on. Seriously, it is!  The instructions are very good for it and make it super easy!

Other McCall's makes in January included 7018 or a button up knit top with roll up sleeves with button tabs.  Another super classic top with timeless styling.
McCall's 7024 was my first make of the month with a fun, pleated collar, princess seams and pockets, and an elasticized back waist.  Gosh, i love this jacket and what a versatile pattern!  I hope to make this out of a denim or lightweight wool.

I made 6750 into a tunic length and wow, what a great top with excellent instructions!  It was easy to put together and with the instructions, wow, you have no margins of error in fit--that is if you follow the directions for fitting as they are pretty darn awesome!

An OOP Vogue, 8831 was a make I created while sick--under no circumstances is it ever wise to sew while sick...take it from me! I miscalculated the yardage needed, and ended up piecing together to create a center front and back. Luckily, I had taken a course from Katherine Tilton on silk screening and had all the necessary supplies to save my top!  Whoa!

I had another idny pattern from Merchant and Mills or the Dress Shirt pattern which was fun to put together and sew.  I so love the details i finishing off the insides or the back and front neckbands.
Wow, what a great finish!

Last but not least was another Lola dress from victory patterns.  This is such a great pattern!  I do recommend making a muslin as I took this in quite a bit as they really need to fit in the bodice and everywhere else!

So, February plans include starting the Burda challenge of sewing one Burda a month.  This month, i will be behind but plan to catch up with sewing my catch up pattern in February or March.  

I also hope to start sewing more items for spring.  It's only about three months away for those of us that live in the northern plains, so why not?  :)

Also, I do plan on reevaluating what is already in my closet and deciding if I should donate or toss it.
I hope you had a productive month of sewing and can't wait to see what you've created!
Thanks for reading!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Great wrap up Sue! I need to sort my closet a bit more.

    Excited to sew your Burda projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I am so glad I found your blog!!! You are a quick sewer :) Quite a few of your posts have had me at the fabric store buying more patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I am so glad I found your blog!!! You are a quick sewer :) Quite a few of your posts have had me at the fabric store buying more patterns!!

    ReplyDelete