About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, July 5, 2015

A new dress! Oh, I love it! McCall's7092

Ever work on a garment and think it is special?



Is it the fabric, the quality of the fabric, the pattern?


Or is the perfect convergence of pattern, fit, and fabric?



Either way, I feel like I won life with this dress!



But, let's digress for just a moment...I didn't come up with the perfect pattern for this dress all by myself...



I purchased this DROP DEAD FREAKING GORGEOUS NEOPRENE FABRIC from Gorgeous Fabrics and it is BEYOND Gorgeous!



Ann, from GF, suggested this pattern for the fabric and SHE NAILED IT!  Sorry about so many caps but dang, it's perfect!!!


I used McCall's 7092, made view B as a dress with the length of C and the green contrast knit was from my stash.


I was just a bit worried as I read reviews of this pattern about how thick the bodice gets with all the layers but honestly, sew slowly and you will be just fine.  I used a size 11 Stretch needle, took my time but the entire dress took about three hours to create and I used my cover stitch to hem the sleeves and skirt.  Super easy, great results, all the fitting adjustments are built into the pattern with lines and all you need to do is follow the directions for super-de-duper results!


Also, this isn't a fabric hog like some patterns are.  I purchased two yards and have scraps left that I can't decide if I should keep or not.  When I have a pretty fabric I really love, it is hard for me to part with the scraps!


I love my new dress and can't wait to wear it!


Thanks for reading and happy sewing!
Sue

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! The fabric is gorgeous. I can see why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when our beautiful fabric becomes a garment we love, isn't it? Your dress looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly! Yes, when everything comes together it is just like magic!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Just lovely!! This dress looks great on you, and I hope you enjoy wearing it out and about. =) I was also fortunate enough to get my hands on some of this fabric from GF and am as impressed with it as you are--it is so easy to sew and is seriously beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use your scraps for underpants! That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea...your momma didn't raise no dummy, huh? :)

      Delete
  5. I made this pattern in a top and love it. Just so happens its on the cutting table for another right now! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope I can see your version Sewalatte! It's a great pattern! :)

      Delete
  6. It looks great! I haven't tried this fabric yet, but plan to purchase some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do try it Dorothy! Sewing with it is awesome!

      Delete
  7. You are so right... this dress is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I wore it do dinner tonight with DH and felt like Royalty! Isn't that how a dress should make a girl feel? :)

      Delete
  8. Really beautiful dress Sue, thanks for sharing your inspiring make!

    ReplyDelete