About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, January 31, 2016

A long vest...in denim

I've had my eye on this vest pattern for a long time.  Why?  Well, I love the lines and I love wearing layers.

Trendy long line vest with shawl collar & pockets

See what I mean?  How does StyleArc keep making these amazing designs?  Here is how the pattern is described on StyleArc's site: This forward trend of a long line vest will become a great addition to your wardrobe as it can be worn at anytime of the year as a layering piece. The vest is unlined. The pockets can have fashionable metal exposed zips if desired or just left as in seam pockets.

I used a mid-weight denim for my vest that's been in my stash for about a year now.  While that isn't horribly long, I try to only purchase fabrics I love and want to use immediately, so now sure how these ended up in a forgotten location.




I decided to have only one pocket and to leave the pockets sans exposed zips.  Why?  I couldn't find any locally I liked.  I suppose I could have shelved this garment until I found some but I must have been feeling very impatient that day.  


I like this better unbuttoned than buttoned.  As you can see, the facing is nice and wide so the vest looks nice when worn open.  


You can sort of see how this vest does not have side seams by side darts to give it shaping.  I really like the shawl type collar.  It rolls so nicely.  See the back mid-section?  It looks too big but that is how this is designed with a rather rectangular shape.  Honestly, I don't mind it at all.  



Here is an 'action' shot.  Sorry it's a bit blurry!  This was fun to make.  I wish I could have gotten DH to take more photos but he was growing a bit impatient.


Thanks for reading!
Sue 

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I LOVE IT!!! :) It is such a nice layering piece and on trend without being super trendy.

    I've collected a few longer vest patterns and need to get one sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nakisha! I really like this one too and I can't wait to see your long vest versions!

      Delete
  2. I love this vest on you! I haven't seen the pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie! This is such an under-reviewed pattern! I hope others will try it and love it as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you have sewed this one up, Sue. This is a pattern I have been tempted to buy several times but there are no reviews out there. I love it and will definitely try this one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I can't believe this is so under-reviewed! I hope you'll try it as I can't wait to see your version!

      Delete
  4. I love this vest and need one now, too. I have three words for you- tripod and remote! I take all my photos that way as my husband takes terrible photos and he thinks 3 is enough! I bought my remote on Amazon and look for one with a 2 second delay, gives you time to hide the remote before the picture takes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, thanks for the advice on the remote! I need one but my camera isn't compatible for a remote, so that means another camera as well! I think I do need to invest however since he is a good sport but just doesn't take the time for good pictures!
      sue :)

      Delete
  5. How do I get this pattern? Who makes it?

    ReplyDelete