About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Georgie!

StyleArc, please, will you stop already?  Every new pattern I see from you, I MUST have!  This pant pattern was no exception and I ordered with leather look coated black stretch bengaline fabric.  Both the pattern and the fabric are just awesome!

Pull on stretch woven jean with hidden elastic waist

Are you drooling yet?  Look at all those details!  Patterns such as this one are so in right now!  Remember the Jalie, Eleanor?  Welp, this one is very similar.  Even if you have the Eleanor, this pattern is just different enough that you must purchase it as well.  :)  Trust me!


Here is the description from StyleArc's site: Georgie has all the details of a traditional jean with the exception that its pulls on. This elastic waisted jean has the latest styling and shape along with comfort as it sits on the natural waist.


Sizing as always is just spot on for StyleArc.  I purchased the 12 and it fits me like a glove.  I made zero modifications to the pattern and these are so very comfortable and I just love the leather look of the pant.  I am 5'7" and the length of these is perfect.  I made a 5/8" single-folded hem.


As I was putting these together, I wondered why the construction process was written the way it was. I deviated from the directions and found that they were right and I should have followed the directions verbatim.  Next time I will.  Just trust me on this...:)


A couple of notes about the process.  The pattern is written for stretch fabrics that do not need the finish of a serger.  While this bengaline doesn't seem to fray, I used a serger anyway because I like the finish as I believe it creates a stronger seam and it looks so nice on the inside.  Anyone agree?

 

Sorry about the wrinkles!  I wore these out to dinner.  It is my anniversary.

I normally hate seeing photos of my lower half!  These are fun pants to wear.  I hope you'll give them a try!

Thanks for reading!
Sue


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! These are fun to put together!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic that you didn't need to make any alterations. Sounds like interesting fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! This fabric and pattern are too much fun!

      Delete
  3. These are just tough!! look great on you. And what fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I just love this fabric so very much!

      Delete
  4. Love the look of these and love, love, love the fabric. I left you a PM on Pattern Review about the fabric, hopefully when you have a moment you can respond. I may have to try this pattern next. My issues is that I am short and have to determine where to shorten the length. Enjoy these, they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I will check out the PM on SPR!

      Delete