About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dressing for fall! McCalls 7561



I so love the change of seasons, especially from summer to fall.  The days are still somewhat warm and the nights cool.  There is a crispness in the air that is delightful! 



Anyway, back to why you are here!  Falls sewing and a knit dress that feels like silk on your skin.  This fabric is from Telio and I purchased it from fabric.com.  It literally feels like silk!  It washes and dries beautifully and was wonderful to sew!  I told myself, no more fabric, you don't need it, you really don't, but when I saw this print, all my self-control melted away and I found myself purchasing about 10 more yards of fabric. 
Image result for images McCalls 7561

I used this pattern from McCall's: 7561.  It is so easy to put together.  Literally, I completed this dress during one and a half episodes of Fixer Upper today.  Sometimes we all need an instant gratification project like that! 




 I lengthened this dress from the above knee-length version.  I also added a neck-band. 


With super-stretchy knits like this, I know I need more of a swayback adjustment, but I always forget to make one.  Maybe sometime I will learn!


The fullness of the skirt doesn't look all that full when compared to the pattern picture.  It think their skirt is much more full looking.  I actually and happy with the amount of fullness.


Action shots!  


I can't tell you how much I love this dress!  


As you can see, I added a neckband, stretching it to fit.  Next I top-stitched with a triple stretch-stitch.  


For the hems, I used Seweyekeys fusible knit tape in 1/2" width for the sleeves and 1" for the lower hem.  
I really love this pattern.  It has so many possibilities!

Thanks for reading!
Sue  

6 comments:

  1. It's so pretty and that print is perfect for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely -very pretty & a great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks really good on you! Love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A portrait of fall! Is this a brushed poly knit? This is just the kind of dress to wear like every day when the weather starts to turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is a brushed poly knit. It feels heavenly on your skin!

      Delete
  5. Perfect fall dress. Great look on you.

    ReplyDelete