About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Terry Tie Cardi

I really need to stop buying so many patterns.  I literally forget which ones I purchase at times.  I rediscovered this one recently and decided it was time to create it.  Luckily I had just the right fabric for it.  :).  This is the Terry Tie cardigan from StyleArc. 

Terry Tie Cardi Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Knit tie front cardigan with tucked shoulder detail

Such a simple design deserves a lovely and drapey fabric and the one I used, I think, is just right!


This is a Telio knit from Fabric.com.  It feels like silk on your skin!


I love how this fits, rather fitting in the back but flowing in the front.


Sorry that photo is a bit of blurry.  I am not sure what my fashion photographer was doing.



You can see some of the details at the shoulder.  The pattern calls for tucks, but I changed that to gathers.  I think I like it better than the design.


Yes, my eyes are closed.  I typically have several photos with my eyes closed.  

T


I really love how the ties are long and are attached to the front with darts.  The provide cinching at the waist and shape!


Close up of the shoulder area.  You can also see the stretch stitch I used to hem the front, sleeves, and lower edge.

I really love this pattern and my fabric choice!
Thanks for reading!
Sue

12 comments:

  1. You are right, that is lovely on you! Great pairing of fabric and pattern. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've reminded me I have this pattern in the stash too! Great combo of pattern to fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cardigan is great - and you've reminded me that I too have this pattern and need to get it sewn up soon! - Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another "thanks for the reminder"! I have this and have been eyeing it now that fall is here.

    Really love your fabric choice and the fit is excellent. We typically use the same size in Style Arc. Mind sharing what size you used??

    Also, I like your hair longer! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KS! I used a size 12--which is typical for me with SA.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the hair comment, I sometimes wonder if I am too old for hair this long!

      Delete
    3. Nonsense! You look fantastic!!

      Sweet. That's my normal SA size too!! :)

      Delete
  5. Very well made super thanks for sharing dropdead gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern and your version is gorgeous. I made it up a few years ago in a ponte and it's still one of my favourites. I struggled with the shoulder tucks and I'm glad to see that gathers work just as well, if not better. You have inspired me to make another one.

    ReplyDelete