About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Another Nina Cardigan!

I love this cardigan.  It is a bit different yet it fits really nicely in the torso.  The waterfall neck edge isn't too much or too little...it is just exaggerated enough... make sense?  



Do you have any patterns that you adore the shape of?  This is one of mine yet if your search my makes of it, this is only the second.  I need to get working on this!  I pull it out over and over again yet put it back...it isn't that it is out of sight, out of mind...it's on my mind!  I just need to commit to it more often!  



Nina Cardigan Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Fabulous waterfall front cardigan




I made this from a beautiful sweater knit I purchased from Emma One Sock.  Even though it is wool, it is soft, cozy, and very comfortable.  Plus, it sewed like a dream...how is that for a glowing endorsement?  



This is so easy to put together.  It is well-drafted as every StyleArc pattern I've made is.  Honestly, if you had zero distractions you could put this together in less than two hours.  Especially if you overlocked the edges at the hemlines like the pattern suggests. 




 I decided to use SewEyekeys 1/2" knit staytape on the hemlines, turned the edges and used a stretch stitch on the hemlines.  I'd show you but they are almost impossible to see with a matching thread and a somewhat marbled fabric.  


I love this pattern, I love the fabric, and I love it how it turned out.  I will wear this with the coordinating dress fabric and with other garments in my closet.  




Thanks for reading!!!!
Sue 



8 comments:

  1. Another cardigan I love on you especially with that drapey skirt - it's so stylish! Beautiful colour and I agree the fabric is gorgeous - I'm another fan of Emma One Sock - her fabrics are such high quality and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! Don't you just love EOS fabric? Always worth every penny!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful fabric you have in your stash!!! Lovely ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this cardigan. I have four in my wardrobe and still want to make more. Yours looks so warm and cosy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! This is warm and cozy! I really need more of these!

      Delete