About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

McCall's 6963--a fast and fun make!

Need a fast make that isn't a plain tee?  Here is one to consider: 

Image result for images McCall's 6963

I love how all the fitting adjustments you could ever want are listed on the pattern tissue.  All you have to do is follow the instructions and you end up with something you like and that fits you well. 


Sorry about the indoor photos but it was unbelievably cold today.


The knit is from JoAnns.  I purchased it because I had a 50% off coupon.  It washed and dried really well.  We will see if it holds up to more than a few washes.  


I like everything about this top.  The fit isn't quite as tight as the models but I wanted this to have some breathing room, if you know what I mean.  


If you are needing a fast make, this is for you!  I made version D with the higher neckline.  Use a drapey fabric so the neckline hangs properly.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

4 comments:

  1. Thats a versatile little pattern. Nice make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fit! The print is lovely, so I hope it holds up for you. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knit top is gorgeous! AND I have this pattern in my stash YAY :) I do like those Palmer/Pletsch patterns for easy fitting lines too! They always turn out well. I haven't tried their pants patterns yet have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen, I appreciate your kind words! I have not tried any of the pants yet. I must do that as I think I will get great results!

      Delete