About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, March 12, 2018

My first Tosti!

I've had this pattern and fabric for quite some time and while I was cleaning my sewing room, I rediscovered it.  I really should clean more often!  
Here is the pattern I discovered I had stashed away...

Image result for images tosti coat

As you can see, this pattern is by a company called Waffle patterns. From what I can tell, they seem to be based out of the Netherlands.  No wonder this has incredible details.  


Here is my version.  Of course I had to slightly deviate from the pattern design.  Just slightly.


This fabric was a bear to sew.  It is somewhat heavy with a water repellent right side and a napped inside that's rather soft on the skin.  


Evidently, I knew what I wanted to do with this pattern as I had put it with this fabric.  


Isn't the color gorgeous?  I really should wear this blue more often, I really love it.  


This pattern has some incredible details.  There are pockets galore.  There are inside pockets, sleeve pockets, patch pockets, welt pockets.  Take your pick, they are there.  




For some reason, I only had this white zipper for this pocket.  I tried finding a blue one like the main zip is, but I simply couldn't.  I sort of like the white.  


I altered the sleeve pocket.  It was supposed to have another exposed zip but with this fun lining fabric, I wanted to show it off a bit so I changed the pocket to be a top opening with that little fold back.  The snap is a real snap but I didn't put the other half on.  It is merely decorative.  


Check out that inside welt pocket.  Is that a fun shaped piece of facing or what?  I really had fun creating that.  Unfortunately, I lost the lining pieces for this pattern and had to redraft them.  Getting those lining pieces to fit into that facing was a struggle.  Did I mention that this blue is also very stretchy?  Did I also mention this was a bear to sew? 





That pocket will fit my cell phone, credit cards, lip gloss, etc.  



Would you look at that lining?  It is a stretch woven manufactured by Telio.  This proved to be the perfect weight and stretch compatibility with the blue.  

I love my new coat.  I plan on making this pattern in a wool for fall.  This is a great pattern from a great company!
Thanks for reading!
Sue 



11 comments:

  1. I love your coat - everything about it. The color is gorgeous on you, the lining is wonderful, the pockets and zippers are cool...sigh....it is all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a bang up job on sewing that coat! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great coat- gotta love all of those pockets. And that facing shape is so cool. Beautiful sewing, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coat! I have this pattern in my stash. I will have to dig it out--thank you for the inspiration. That lining is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this coat! The color, the lining, all the cool pockets! The white zipper gives it a nice sporty look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 coat patterns by this company that I haven't made up yet but you've inspired me. I love their patterns but I had no idea how their directions would go and you've NICELY put my mind at rest! :) Love your new coat too! It's gorgeous - such a practical coat without sacrificing style and chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing coat! Love all the details. Looks like you changed the shape of the front patch pockets, too? or is that an alternate shape? Beautiful sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this jacket, all your design upgrades and how it looks on you. A winner all round. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive! The coat looks amazing! So many details!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all of you for your comments! I love reading them!
    Happy sewing all!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete